Skip to content
- Payán, D. D., Florez, K. R., Bogart, L. M., Kanouse, D. E., Mata, M. A., Oden, C. W., & Derose, K. P. (2019). Promoting health from the pulpit: a process evaluation of HIV sermons to reduce HIV stigma and promote testing in African American and Latino Churches. Health Communication, 34(1), 11-20. doi:10.1080/10410236.2017.1384352.
- Derose, K. P., Williams, M. V., Florez, K. R., Griffin, B. A., Payán, D. D., Seelam, R., . . . Wong, E. C. (2018). Eat, Pray, Move: a pilot cluster randomized controlled trial of a multilevel church-based intervention to address obesity among African Americans and Latinos. American Journal of Health Promotion. doi:10.1177/089011711881333.
- Payán, D. D., Sloane, D. C., Illum, J., & Lewis, L. B. (2018). Intrapersonal and environmental barriers to physical activity among Blacks and Latinos. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. doi:10.1016/j.jneb.2018.10.001
- Advocacy coalitions involved in California’s menu labeling policy debate: exploring coalition structure, policy beliefs, resources, and strategies. Social Science & Medicine, 177, 78-86.
- Payán, D. D., Sloane, D. C., Illum, J., Vargas, R. B., Lee, D., Galloway-Gilliam, L., & Lewis, L. B. (2017). Catalyzing implementation of evidence-based interventions in safety net settings: a clinical-community partnership in South Los Angeles. Health Promotion Practice, 18(4), 586-597.
- Derose, K. P., Payán, D. D., Fulcar, M. A., Terrero, S., Acevedo, R., Farias, H., & Palar, K. (2017). Factors contributing to food insecurity among women living with HIV in the Dominican Republic: a qualitative study. PLoS One, 12(7), e0181568.
- Payán, D. D., Sloane, D. C., Illum, J., Farris, T., & Lewis, L. B. (2017). Perceived barriers and facilitators to healthy eating and school lunch meals among adolescents: a qualitative study. American Journal of Health Behavior, 41(5), 661-669.
- Flórez, K. R., Payán, D. D., Derose, K. P., Aunon, F. M., & Bogart, L. M. (2017). Process evaluation of a peer-driven, HIV stigma reduction and HIV testing intervention in Latino and African American Churches. Health Equity, 1(1), 109-117.
- Derose, K. P., Rios-Castillo, I., Fulcar, M. A., Payán, D. D., Palar, K., Escala, L., Farias, H., et al. (2017). Severe food insecurity is associated with overweight and increased body fat among people living with HIV in the Dominican Republic. AIDS Care, 1-9.
- Do farmers’ markets increase access to healthy foods for all communities? Comparing markets in 24 neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Journal of the American Planning Association, 82(3), 252-266.